Busta's "Arab Money" Video = Huge Disappointment

By Dell on 10:11 AM

Filed Under: , ,

Busta Rhymes' song for "Arab Money" has been one of my favorite tracks to come out this winter. When I learned Rik Cordero was shooting a video for the song it only increased my excitement because Rik has churned out awesome material in the past. He's done Nas' "Sly Fox", Snoop Dogg's "Neva Have 2 Worry", and Joell Ortiz' "Brooklyn Bullshit".

So you can just imagine the disappointment I experienced after watching this:




This song is literally about bragging how much money you have, so why not shoot it over in Dubai instead of using a green screen? I'm not against using green screen in general, but in this instance it looks very cheesy and amateurish.

P.S. - Did anyone else notice how Ron Brows changed his pronounciation of "Arab"? In the original version it was Ay-Rab, but in the video version he using the traditional (correct) way.

1 comments for this post

LOL.

everything you said i co-sign. he changed it up! AY-RAB was like 30 times better than ARAB. it's probably regarding political correctness, because you know if they called arabs a-rabs like a lot of black people (i'm black. just throwing that out there) tend to for some strange reason, there would be protests at every arab nation's embassy. ha. but yeah, they coulda done this better. the song isn't even that hot to me, though. so i don't really care. i just saw this on that awesome MOG music ticker on my page and had to come through and give my two cents. cool blog, too. yzr.

Posted on December 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM